Grilling Wood are British specialist producers of quality wood products for smoking and cooking with. With decades of experience of working in the forestry sector, we are able to personally select our different wood species from well-managed, sustainable woodlands around the UK. We are a small family business that pride ourselves on our quality, so from forest to fork, you can rest assured that you are using the best.Contact Us
- Highly carbonised hardwood lumpwood charcoal – Our Grillove charcoal is made in a modern production facility that ensures only charcoal is in the bag, no wood or other contaminates.
- Quick to light and virtually no smoke – Due to the high quality of our charcoal you can be cooking within 20 mins of lighting.
- Approved for use in Smoke control area – After extensive testing that is required by DEFRA, our charcoal is now approved for use in smoke control areas.
- Sustainably produced from local woodlands – All the hardwoods are FSC certified and are supplied from woodlands within 100km of the facility.
- Environmentally friendly – Due to the modern production methods used in making our charcoal, green energy is produced from the heat generated during the carbonising process. some of this green electric is used by the production facility with the rest going back into the national grid.
- Designed for use in a Pizza oven. Each box contains 6 x 25cm 100% Beech briquettes that have been extruded from sustainably sourced Beech hardwood.
- Great value alternative to using regular hardwood logs. Each Briquette can give out the heat equivalent of 3 Kiln Dried Logs.
- Ultra-low moisture content – only 8% so each briquette burns hot and long with a consistent ember that helps take the variables out of cooking.
- Ideal for use in commercial kitchens, pizza trucks, or a home garden pizza oven. Each compact box takes up little room, so easy to store.
- Perfect size box to easily cook over a dozen pizzas in a single cooking session. Simply break a single briquette into two pieces and place on top of kindling to ignite. Feed more briquettes as required to the fire until desired temperature is achieved with a good ember bed.
Speciality Smoking Wood Chunks
All our speciality smoking wood chunks are a selection of different smoking wood we carefully source from countries around the world. We spend a long time building relationships with other wood suppliers who can meet our high quality standards. When we import the wood, it is carefully quality control checked and then kiln dried again before packaging to make sure they arrive in the best condition possible.
They are the perfect size for use with grills as they do not instantly combust and provide a good long smoke if used in a smoker, Kamado style or kettle BBQ. It is down to your preference if you soak them or not, experiment and find what is best for your cooking methods. Our speciality smoking wood chunks come in a large 15 litre box and weigh at least 5kg (for the wood, not the packaging) giving excellent value for money.View Product
Smoking Wood Chunks
All our British smoking wood chunks are cut from hand selected hardwoods and fruitwoods that are sustainably sourced from British woodlands and orchards. We gently kiln dry them before packaging to make sure they arrive in the best condition possible. Also, because we source all our wood personally, we postcode mark each box so you can see where in the country your wood was sustainably sourced from!
They are the perfect size for use with grills as they do not instantly combust and provide a good long smoke if used in a smoker, Kamado style or kettle BBQ. It is down to your preference if you soak them or not, experiment and find what is best for your cooking methods. Our smoking wood chunks come in a large 25 litre box and weigh 7kg – 9kg (depending on the species) giving excellent value for money. We are proud to supply only British hardwoods and fruitwoods.
By using these smoking chunks you are helping promote the positive management of British broadleaf woodlands. Thank you!View Product
Smoking Wood Chip
All our British smoking wood chips are produced in our wood yard from hand selected hardwoods and fruitwoods which are sustainably sourced from British woodlands and orchards. We gently kiln dry them before packaging to make sure they arrive in the best condition possible. Also, because we source all our British wood personally, we postcode mark each tub so you can see where in the country your wood was sustainably sourced from!
Our chip has been produced to be big enough to put directly on the coals without instantly combusting but can also be used in a smoking box if desired. It is down to your preference if you soak them or not, experiment and find what is best for your cooking methods. Our smoking wood chip comes in a 3 ltr resealable tub which weighs about a kg, giving excellent value for money. We are proud to supply only the best quality hardwoods and fruitwoods.
We work closely with the many restaurants, street food venues and food events that we supply with our cooking and smoking woods. Since we source and process our own woods, we are able to produce a bespoke product to meet your exact needs. For trade enquiries please email hereMake Trade Enquiries
Our Customers have to say
I rarely leave feedback, but I thought my smoking brethren deserved to know that I highly recommend this product. I live on a small Island so have to order pretty much everything I need for grilling / smoking. I ordered a box of cherry and the wood itself looked to be of a very high quality. Tried them out smoking 4 chickens for a gathering at a friends and not only did I love the flavour, but so did the other 15 people there. I’ll definitely be ordering this product and the others from these guys in the future.
Brilliant wood smoking chunks. There are plenty different sized chunks in the box which makes it easier to arrange them to get more or less smoking through the cook. I have used them on my weber kettle bbq to low n slow smoke a 6lb pork loin which turned out to be amazing as did the 12lb brisket and the two chickens that I have smoked.
Definitely worth the money and I will be trying some other wood chunks from this supplier.
Fantastic quality chunks that burn well and produce a fantastic smoke. Have used these to smoke both pork and beef with great effect.
I thought the price was a little high when I first ordered but to be fair, the box seems to just keep going after several all day smokes…. and I use a LOT of wood when I bbq.
Would buy again.
My main impression with this deal was the quantity of wood for the price. 5kg for £20 is pretty good compared with most of the items on offer that I have seen.
Used one chunk, not soaked, straight on the charcoal in my water smoker and stuck a medium chicken in the top section. The chunk eventually flamed but produced a fair amount of smoke and the chicken was a pleasant light golden colour with a not-overpowering smoke aroma. For a longer smoke I will soak these, but all in all a nice flavour of smoke and a good quantity of wood for the price. Recommended.
I bbq regularly and finding affordable wood chunks is brilliant. This offered excellent value compared to other options online – and I’ve looked far and wide!
I ordered the hickory chunks for my Weber kettle. The chunks are good quality and it’s clear that they’ve been stored well. Some hickory chunks are hefty, which will lend itself well to long low and slow smokes using the minion method.
Bbqing in the UK can be challenging, as the products are often US based and prices and availability can be a nightmare. ‘Grilling Wood’ is a small British company and it’s great to support that in the world of bbq. Also, when I’ve contacted them with a query the customer service has been top class and they went above and beyond.
I’ve ordered olive, oak and orange from them. The quality across these different species has been high and the company will be my ‘go to’ for a product that I go through a lot of.
Very good value. So far I’ve used them on a 10 hour smoke and I was very happy with the results. You don’t need to use too many pieces and they give a long slow burn.